Friday, July 16, 2010

Grandma



My grandma was my favorite person in the whole world, with her I always felt special, loved and understood. There is a magical relationship between a child and her grandmother and I was blest in my life to have such a relationship.
She was the hardest working person I knew, she was determined to do whatever she set out to do. The last time I was at her home last September, she was moving hens and chicks to a new flower bed and pulling weeds. She was 88 years old then.
As a child I loved being with her, I spent weeks with her every summer and enjoyed every minute of it. I spent less time with her as I got older, but I enjoyed being with her, being loved by her and talking about anything at all.
Many times I tried to tell her how much she meant to me, how wonderful I thought she was and how I wanted to grow up to be like her. She would laugh and tell me I, don't be silly, I'm not anybody special. But she was to me.
She passed away today, she has not recognized me the past few times I've seen her and that has broken my heart.
But I'm not too sad today, for I know she remembers me now, I know she is with Heavenly Father and her family, she is happy and whole and free from pain and sorrow.
I love her with all my heart and I still want to grow up and be like her--love you grandma!!

5 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

She was a wonderful lady! We love her and will miss her, but you are right I'm sure she is much happier now!

Dusty And Mandi said...

She was such a sweet person. Everyone is going to miss her, but you're right, she's in a better place now.

Anonymous said...

such a great grandma...and person. she will be missed, but its fun to remember all the fun we had together!

3 of us said...

I am sorry for your loss, it is so hard to lose some one but it is good when you have great memories of them that you can keep alive

Jody Neeley said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful woman. I miss her too, and am so happy that one day we can be together again. I love the picture of the two of you.