Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cape Meares

Cape Meares is one of my favorite places in Oregon. After enjoying Tillamook, we headed out to the cape, where we enjoyed the view and had a picnic lunch.




It was a pretty warm afternoon and it felt good to just hang out in the sun.




This is the Octopus tree. It is really old, I remember seeing it when I was a kid.


Looking south from the cape.

A baby fern.
Cape Meares lighthouse, I really like this one too, I was sad to learn we couldn't go upstairs, there had been vandals there that broke the light and the glass. They are trying to earn money to get it replaced.



Brian and I loved hanging out with our grandkids, they are so much fun and fun to watch their reactions to what is around them.






1 comment:

The Tripletts said...

I love the pic of the baby fern! Wow beautiful. I love Oregon I hope to get back there one day.