.JPG)
.JPG)
As we pulled over to park at
Firehole falls, we saw this motorcycle and cart and just had to get a picture--pretty strange to have a giant spider on the trailer, maybe he protects their stuff.
.JPG)
I love
Firehole Falls, as we watched the falls some people told us you could see trout trying to jump up the falls to spawn in the river above it. We watched and saw a couple of trout, but could not get any pictures of them.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Brian and I hiked down to the river.. there is a warm spring that goes into the
Firehole river, people swim down here. We didn't swim and the water was cool to the touch.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Upper
Firehole River
.JPG)
View of the Midway
Geyser Basin
.JPG)
.JPG)
Yes, we are both OLD and FAITHFUL
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Little hot pot boiling away
.JPG)
I really like this little blue pool
.JPG)
Old Faithful now erupts about every hour and 15 minutes, they have it posted in the visitors center, give or take 15 minutes. Back in the 1900's they have pictures of women in long dresses and men in top hats watching it
erupt.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
This time as I watched it
erupt, I noticed that it comes out of the ground in a circular motion and sprays up. It had so much power, pretty amazing.
.JPG)
.JPG)
We stopped for lunch, it was another wonderfully warm day. Hard to believe it is October.
.JPG)
Kepler Cascades, another new place we had never been. So pretty.
.JPG)
They still do tours in the old yellow buses.
.JPG)
Black Sand
Geyser Basin
.JPG)
.JPG)
The colors are just so interesting to peer down in, this closeup shows all the little patterns.
.JPG)
It was fun to watch this little
geyser go off.
.JPG)
Lower Basin, I love watching the hot water enter the river.
.JPG)
.JPG)
The trout like it here too!!
.JPG)
Another
coyote
2 comments:
its so beautiful there! looks like it was a great trip!
that is too funny about the spider thing...haha
Beautiful pics!
Post a Comment