We saw this stop sign just as the bus left the airport and the sing below--we're not in Kansas anymore!!
Amman, Jordan
They even have KFC
This statue in the center of the round about is called "People of the Book" We heard that everywhere we went--the meaning is in the Qur'an signifying people of non-Muslim faiths--Judaism, Sabians and Christianity. It shows the commitment of the people to get along with each other.A mulsim minueret--they call for prayer five times a day--these dot the city everywhere.
Below are some of the thing we saw along the highway on our way to Petra from Amman.
Camels!!
Bedouins herding their sheep--not much different than in Christ's day.
A roadside fruit stand
I thought this was a pretty garden
We stopped here for a restroom break, this is the first place we learned we had to pay for toilet paper and to use the bathroom.--this is our bus--the blue one.
They had a pretty fountain in the center of the store.
Brian had a mountain dew--and we took a pic for Aaron--Arabs drink it too!!
4 comments:
Crazy you have to pay for tp! Aaron likes the mt dew, I do too, pretty cool.
Lol, that's crazy you had to pay for tp! The garden in the store was really pretty though. Dust said those are the same Mt. Dews he got in Iraq :)
Note to self bring own TP. got it!
I am excitedto see all the pics from your trip! I look forward to reading all about it on your blog!
Post a Comment