Thursday, April 21, 2011

Taybet Zaman--our hotel near Petra

This hotel is like a little city, it reminds me of how a village would be in the days of Moses, although not this nice I'm sure.



This little strip of buildings is where our room is.



In front of our building.



Inside our brightly colored room. It is nice to sit. We have been hiking through Petra all day, and with a little jet lag going on--we are tired.



Feels good to put the feet up!



A view of our cozy bed--I'm not really sure if it was such a comfortable bed, or if it was the tiredness, but we both slept really well.



The lovely hall.



With a very secure lock.



Not quite the bathroom of the previous night.



I was indisposed in the above bathroom when I noticed this room mate. Luckily my other room mate-Brian rescued me or it--it is very long and moves pretty fast. Needless to say, he didn't spend the night with us. If you could see the bottom of the above door you would notice there is plenty of room under the door for him to come back in, or one of his neighbors.



We took a little stroll outside, Michael Wilcox was outside, we said hello and others stopped and before long we were having a lesson on the Muslim religon. It was very interesting. It was prompted by the evening call to prayer.



While we were talking, Brian wandered around getting these pictures.







Dinner time, what a huge spread. To bad we couldn't try any of these fresh fruit and vegtable dishes. In Jordan we cannot drink the water--or use it to brush our teeth, and cannot eat anything that is not cooked or peeled. So yes to bananas or oranges.



There were some good things to eat.



I didn't try this, the skin on the fish made it unappealing.



I learned early, the breads are wonderful!



I woke up about 4:30 am, ready to go. I took this picture of the moon over the desert. No wonder God had to feed the children of Israel manna, nothing grows out there. But where water is, lots of pretty things will grow. It was a nice quite time to ponder the story of Moses, my joy at being in the Holy Lands and my excitement for what lies ahead!



Don't you love how the flowers match my shirt!



The tall thing on the hill is where the call to prayer is broadcast. It used to be a person singing it out, but it is usually now a recording. I heard it about 4:15 this morning, probably what woke me up. Ready for another day--today we travel to Mt. Nebo and the Dead Sea and end up in Israel.






2 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

Looks like a cool hotel!

Jody Neeley said...

Wow, it really is so beautiful in its own way. I think the call to prayer would be a neat thing to hear, but at 4:30 am I am not so sure! That bug freaked me out - it is huge!!!