I loved walking up this mountain, I also loved the view of the Sea of Galilee--they both seem places Jesus loved. I could feel closer to him here than in the cities.
I am constantly amazed at the varieties of wild flowers found all over the world. God must love flowers as much as I do!
They are so intricate, perfect and beautiful
Maybe Brian didn't notice that the third line was in English.
It was on the mountain top that we talked about prayer because that is where Jesus like to pray.
Luke 11:11-13 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
Or if he shall ask an egg will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your Heavenly Father give good gifts through the Holy Spirit.
He only gives eggs, bread, fish, every answer he gives is best for us. I know what I desire, God knows what I need. When these two are the same we're happy--when our desire is not a need we should be careful not to turn the offered bread into a stone because it is not what we want or expect.
We cannot let our attitude change what is good into bitterness. God never gives stones, scorpions or serpents (harmful thing to us). He only gives good gifts, sometimes we need to seek how the offered gift is good for us.
Ask, seek,knock and you will get an answer--when the time is right. He will always answer.
Sometimes when we ask, we get an answer right away--sometimes we need to seek for awhile and get the answer later.
Sometimes we need to knock and don't give up. Sometimes we are not ready for the answer and we need to continue to ask, seek, knock and trust that the answer will come when it is time and when we are ready.
Someone once told me the Sea of Galilee looks like Bear Lake in Utah, the mountains to the east do look similar and the beautiful color of the lake look the same too!
I am so grateful Brian and I could come to Israel--I love spending time here and with him!
As we walked back to the bus, the wind started to blow through the grass in waves, it was so peaceful.
I know I've said this before, but I truly could picture Jesus walking through this grass on his way up the mountainside to pray to his father in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment