Thursday, August 18, 2011

34 Happy Years together


Brian and I have been wanting to go to the Uintas for camping or hiking.  We keep hearing about how much snow is still up there.  So, Brian took our anniversary off work, and to celebrate we went to the Uintas.  This is  Jordenelle  reservoir, it is so full.  I've never seen it so full.
Provo Canyon falls, they are so noisy, again so much water!!

How could we have been married 34 years--we look so young!!
We hiked up the river, I love the sound of the rushing water.  We hike up here every year and the water levels are double or more.
A few little flowers--it's spring up here on July7!!







Snow--we thought we better take a picture--little did we know what we would find as we went up the canyon.


We were about 1/2 way down the river when the rain hit, we tried to run, but couldn't run too fast.  We were afraid we would slip!
Back to the car--wet but not soaked!!
It was quite a downpour.
This is the road up to Washington Lake, washed out and still covered with snow.  The road to Trial Lake campground was closed at the dam, covered with snow.

Lily Lake
Bald Mountain--not bald, still white with snow.


Almost to Mirror Lake--I was shocked!!
This time a hail storm!!

Mirror Lake through the trees, still has ice on it.  The road to it was closed as well.
Pass Lake, a few kids were trying to fish.  But the lakes had never been planted and this little lake probably freezes pretty solid.



As we left the Uintas and drove home through Evanston, Wyoming, the sun was out.  We ended the day with watching Johnny Depp and the scary mermaids and dinner at McGraths--such a fun day!!

3 comments:

Dusty And Mandi said...

So pretty, I can't believe how much water and snow there is! And that was super nice of someone to warn you about the hole in the road. Lol. Love you guys! Glad you had a good Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day!! Who would have thought you'd have weather like that in july! Happy anniversary!

Jody Neeley said...

I love that you guys still have so much fun doing anything that involves being together. I can only hope that one day I will be blogging about, "34 Happy Years Together" Love you guys!