Monday, October 6, 2008

Fort Lauderdale

One of the reasons I put up this new look to my blog was that Brian and I went from the Southernmost Point in the United States to the most Northwest tip this year. So now that I have a few more moments at home, I wanted to share some of our pictures and thoughts. We spent a week in the Fort Lauderdale area in April this year.
Of course, I would start off the pictures with a lighthouse. I love lighthouses. I have a sweatshirt with a lighthouse on it, and a saying written beside it.
"Guiding friendly strangers... The keeper of the Lighthouse, is surely....Friends with God."
We had such a fun time in Fort Lauderdale, the weather was perfect and so was the beach.
One of the favorite pastimes we found was watching the pelicans dive into the ocean and glide along the beach.
They like to stay in formation as they glide along the shore. They would dive down in the water and come up with a fish, or at least hit with a big splash.
It was very relaxing to watch them.
We went to Bubba Gump's Shrimp Factory for dinner, of couse, we both had shrimp--it was so good we returned later that week for more shrimp.



Then a walk along the beach, again. I love the sea air, the cool breeze and palm trees and the total peaceful feeling of being with the one I love most.
All too soon the sun was setting, ending another perfect day in Florida!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your trip pics! That is awesome they have a bubba gump restraunt, yummy!

Jody Neeley said...

I didn't know you went to Bubba Gump when you were there, Mike will be jealous! Glad you had fun!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Looks like tons of fun! I love all the pics. Can't wait to go to Florida with you next month!!!!!!