Wednesday, December 17, 2008

PLAID TIDINGS


Brian and I went to the play "Plaid Tidings" after our family Christmas Party last Saturday night. We did manage to squeeze in running up to Mike and Jody's Ward Party to help with the kids while Jody ran Brett to the ER (see Jody's blog), and then quickly down to dinner at our own Ward party.

Anyway we made it to the play with 5 minutes to spare. Brian had mentioned earlier he wasn't sure he wanted to go, he had heard from Jody and Mike they pick out people from the audience to participate and we all know how he hates stuff like that.

We were enjoying the show and laughing at all the other people "chosen" to help out. When suddenly one of them was standing right next to me saying "what is your name" Brian had been looking away (so they wouldn't choose him) when he heard me answer "Linda", he knew he was in trouble then.
We got to go onstage and "play the bells" , it wasn't too hard and we actually did it when they wanted us to. Once each at the end, but the whole time we just knew it would be our turn. It was kind of fun I thought. They gave us a certificate, a rice krispie wrapped in plaid ribbon and a container of dental floss ( also tied with ribbon), they said we could hang it on the tree (we didn't).
Brian did great---but he got anxious after it was all over, worrying if he did it right. He did and we had fun, at least I did.

3 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

Oh Dad I am just the same way I hate things like that and try to avoid it as much as possible! I'm sorry, but I'm sure you did just fine!

Jody Neeley said...

Poor Dad! I know that he really hates that stuff. But, it is seriously crazy and funny out of all the people they chose you guys!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny they chose you guys! It would have been a great camera moment! :)