Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SeaWorld from coast to coast

Bird of Paradise flower, isn't is cool how much like a bird it looks, they were blooming when we were in SeaWorld, California. Life has unexpected events, that is for sure. I have always loved SeaWorld, I like it better than Disney land, so imagine my surprise when I was able to visit both SeaWorld Florida and SeaWorld California in the past six months.
It was a new thing to me to be in shorts and have Christmas, but how I did enjoy the warmth in early December. Florida and Christmas almost seem to be a contradiction to me.

Mandy and Gail trying out a new look, in SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida after Jessica's wedding .
Zoey can't wait to see everthing.

Emma and Brett are likewise excited to get going.

In SeaWorld in San Deigo, Califonia, Mike trying to fingure out where to go first
Posing for Grandma

Zoey thought grandma was crazy to stick her hand in with those swimming rays, she wanted no part of it.

Brett on the other hand, wanted to touch everything and of course when he was done, he was a little wet.
Ohhh, Zoey wants grandma, of course she got her way.

Teacups, my favorite, both Brian and Mike chickened out, but the kids were good sports.

A Bulooga whale, they are white and so cool to watch, Brett and I watched them for quite awhile waiting for the others while they were on a ride.
Both SeaWorlds have simliar exhibits--the penguins in California and then Florida.
Guess where the flamingos are???

Nope, California, I've never seen so many flamingos in one place.

Shamu in Florida

Hey how did Shamu get in California, does he fly back and forth?? In California they explained to us Shamu is a symbol for all Killer Whales, they each had their own name, but the show is the Shamu show.
This sleepy guy basking in the California sun reminded me of the sea turtle papa in Finding Nemo.
Seals are hams no matter where they are, this little guy was really playing it up for a handout in Florida.

The Seal in California was pretty persitant as well, but not quite so creative.

Posing for Papa with a manatee
Zoey got tired of the stroller and set out to see what she wanted to see.

Ahh, lunchtime and a chair to set on is always a nice break whichever SeaWorld you are visiting.
Hmmm, how many kids like pickles??Zoey was a little concerned the birds were going to eat her strawberries. We had strawberries for lunch in both Florida and California, yum.

So many things to see and do. We had such a great time everywhere we went.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is such a fun idea to post both of them! I love sea world! Looks like both cali and florida were lots of fun!

Dusty And Mandi said...

I love that you posted both! We had so much fun in Sea World! And I'm a little jealous you got to go to the Cali one too. Lol

Jody Neeley said...

That was such a fun post to read, being in two places! Sea World looks like a lot of fun, I am glad you guys could be there!