
Sunday afternoon, the 26
th I was talking to Jody on the phone when Savannah had a seizure, following that disturbing news, Brian and I set out to drive to San Diego to be a support for Mike and Jody and help with the kids.
This is the condo they were staying at. The people at the condo were amazing, so helpful and concerned. They sent flowers to the room and offered for Mike and Jody to stay there as long as needed.

By the time we arrived at 5:00 am on Monday morning, Savannah was more stable. Throughout the night we talked with Jody on the phone for updates, which were relayed to worried sisters, grandparents, friends and neighbors. As Brian and I were driving through the night we felt covered by a net of safety and prayer.

The view from the balcony. The beautiful Pacific Ocean.

It seemed a little strange to be playing and enjoying the San Diego weather with Mike, Jody and Savannah sitting in the hospital. But keeping the kids happy became our primary goal. With the swine flu scare, the hospital would only let parents in. I longed to hug Jody and see little Savannah, but at least we were close and could watch Brett and Emma

We drove to see a lighthouse, but of course it closed 10 minutes before we arrived, this is the view of San
Diego from somewhere east of it.

We found this cool dock with statues and ships, the kids loved it. This
Kaleidoscope was amazing, when I turned the dials on the sides the pictures changed. We had a lot of fun with it. The pic below is shot through it, with the sun the image isn't great, but you get the idea.

Brett was excited with the "pirate ships"


Papa would love to catch a fish this big!! Emma liked the blue sail on the sailfish.
Brett's favorite was the orange octopus!!
I liked the sea dragon the best, the kids had fun climbing on it. Too bad it was getting evening, they had tours of the ships and harbor tours on the boats, one day we will go back.



As the sun started to set, we headed back to the condo to get dinner ready and put the kids down. Savannah woke up today and recognizes mom and dad. We're so thankful for the prayers of everyone and the peace they bring us all.
4 comments:
You guys are so amazing. Words cannot even begin to express how truly grateful I was that you came to be close to us. It was such a scary and horrible time, and I loved knowing that you were near. Em and Brett both felt instantly better when they heard you were coming. I am glad that you were able to be with them, and be such a support to us. Thank you! Your pictures are beautiful! I love the last shot. Thanks again Mom and Dad, love you both so much!
too bad it was under such horrible circumstances that you had to go, but it looks like the kids really enjoyed having you there. You guys are such great parents to drive all through the night to go help. Love you!
I'm glad you made the best of it. :) Looks like Em and Brett loved having you guys there. And that dock is awesome!
You guys are such great parents, serious don't think any thing diffrent those girls of yours are so lucky. I am so glad that Jody and Mike had you guys there to help out and that you guys could leave to be with them. When I say that I wish I had parents like you guys I am not jsut being nice I truly mean it. you guys are so wounderful, and yes I know there are up and downs in life including yours but even through hard times as a family you all stick together that is what I admire the most.
Post a Comment