Our bus driver was a returned missionary who had served in Alaska, so since our tour consisted of quite a few LDS members, he took us by the Anchorage Temple. It was fun to see it, although we had to be content with pics from inside the bus, once you let people out of the bus, it is hard to get them all in again.
.JPG)
.JPG)
A view of the ocean on the way to Whitter, Alaska where our ship is docked.
Beluga whales often frequent this inlet, although we didn't see any.
.JPG)
The drive between Anchorage and Whitter is listed as one of America's most scenic drives, I don't doubt that. It was
soooo beautiful.
.JPG)
Waiting in line to board the ship. The line went surprisingly fast. Funny, now looking back on this picture I can see people in there we didn't know then, but got to know on the cruise
.JPG)
Our first glimpse of the ship, the Carnival Spirit.
.JPG)
The glass elevators inside the ship, we were in cabin 7234,
Verandah deck.
.JPG)
Our first meal on board, on the Lido deck. We all ate something different, the beauty of a buffet.
.JPG)
The back or stern of the ship, yes we had a water slide, it never opened, way too cold for it.
.JPG)
Notice how the deck chairs are all stacked up, they never came
unstacked either, for lounging on the deck, we will need to take a cruise to warmer ports.
.JPG)
Ready and excited to see more of Alaska and start our cruise, the ship sails at 9:00 pm.
Stay tuned for more of our trip.
4 comments:
I look forward to the rest of the trip!! I love this an Alaska vacation for free. Can't get any better than that.
I enjoy seeing your pictures. My parents didn't have pics of the ship inside and the dog sleds. It's fun to see theirs and yours, it kind of completes the story. I'll keep checking for more. Glad you had fun and are back safe!
it is so crazy to me how huge those ships are! you will have to go on a warm cruise next so you can use the waterslides! :)
Such beautiful pictures! The cruise ship looks awesome!
Post a Comment