Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day at the Zoo

We started our day at the zoo around the water ball, everyone crowded around it. It was a perfect sunny day the first part of June, not too hot!

One of the zookeepers was showing off a snake, Brett was brave and touched it, I did too, it was kind of rough and scaley.
Emma decided to touch it too. Brett would have stayed all day, he was loving it.
The peacock was cooperative and showed off her feathers.

Alex acting like a monkey.
Emma, face to face with a gorilla.
Savannah, laughing at mom, did she notice the gorilla behind her?
Alex and Zoey deep in converstation.

Posing with a gorilla bust.

Watching the creek was almost as exciting as the animals.Emma and Zoey.
Brett shooting the zebra.

Lunchtime, we brought a picnic.
Riding the train, I remember doing this when my kids were little, now they are the moms and I'm the grandma--weird.


Back to the beginning and the water ball--tired kids, moms and grandma--it was a glorious day at the zoo!!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love love love all the pictures. It makes me feel like I was there. :)

Dusty And Mandi said...

It was a fun day at the zoo for sure! Zoey talked about it in her sleep that night. Ha ha

Jody Neeley said...

It was a great day, I am glad we went before it got too hot! I guess I missed seeing Brett "shooting the zebras", silly boy!