Monday, September 14, 2009

Southern Utah Trip

Mom, Gail and I went to Southern Utah for a quick getaway. The first day we went to Zion's National Park, it has always been one of my favorites.
This is the lodge, where we left for our hike to the lower emerald pools.
It was a perfect day for hiking, about 80 degrees and a beautiful blue sky.

I love the red rocks and the green together.
The waterfall at emerald pool
This little guy liked the waterfall too.
I don't know what kind of flower this is, but they were all over. They closed up as it got near evening.

This is the riverside hike on the way to the Narrows.

The beginning of the Narrows, but no we didn't hike it. The water was not as cold as I had thought it would be.

There were squirrels all over the trails, gathering acorns and burying them for winter.

We saw quite a few lizards too.At weeping rock, Gail's favorite hike


After a long day of hiking, we had a pedicure--the massage on tired feet was wonderful!!
The next day we spent at the Shakespearean festival in Cedar City, we saw The Secret Garden and Henry V. I really enjoyed them both.
Trying on hats in the gift shop.
The Green Show--dancing and joking and skits--it was fun, and the tarts we are we oh so yummy!
I took this picture of the stage for Henry V, then Gail took out her camera to get a picture. The girl down in front in the red jacket who works there came right up to Gail, told her she could not take pictures and made Gail delete hers. Hmmm, I wonder what the big deal was. The people next to me said they had to delete theres too. I can see why no photos during the performance. Oh well, here is my contraband photo--enjoy, you may never get to take one.


We stayed in our condo in St. George, this is the view from out patio. We went swimming and relaxed. It was a nice vacation--thanks Mom.


5 comments:

Dusty And Mandi said...

Gorgeous pictures! I want to go hike there again, it's been so long. Glad you had fun! And I loved your contraband photo. :)

The Tripletts said...

I loved the photos. You all looked like you were having so much fun. Wish I could have been with you. We need to plan a trip where we all can get together. just for fun.

Jessica said...

I like the pictures of all of you in the hats. That looks so fun. We always take a foot picture like that with my mom when grandma comes out to visit.

The white flower is pretty- it kind of reminds me of the morning glory my mom has except it's not purple.

Jody Neeley said...

I love all of your scenery shots, it looks so beautiful! I also like the one of all of your feet - cute toes!

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun! and thats nice you got to have a massage and pedicures after a day of hiking! :)