Sunday, September 20, 2009

Spending time with Cassidy

Papa was excited to feed Cassidy, it was his first time, she is so cute, so tiny and lovable!

Before they got started Papa had to wait for her to wake up, Grandma changed her diaper, but she was full of yawns.
She chugged down the first half of the bottle quickly.
Look how smart she is, already holding her own bottle.

Grandma tried and tried to get her to burp, no luck

I tried position changes, soft pats, harder pats, but still no burps.
So we finished the bottle--good girl. Then Grandma snuggled her close and let her rest. The nurse let me hold her for about 1/2 hour. I felt such a peacefulness and calm. Her spirit is so loving and I'm sure we will be close. I know things will work out and before long Cassidy Jean will be home with mom and dad. What a great time Papa and I had with Cassidy today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a cute girl! :)

Dusty And Mandi said...

She's so stinkin cute! I'm glad you guys got to spend time with her.

Jody Neeley said...

Such a beautiful little girl, we all cannot wait until she can come home - hopefully it will be really soon!