Tuesday, October 27, 2009

West Yellowstone

Shopping in West Yellowstone, Papa has convinced Haylie of the screaming mode of having your picture taken.


Two little country girls
We went to the Grizzley Bear and Wolf Discovery Center, it was very educational and fun. It made me feel better to have the kids learn something, since I pulled them out of school to come on the trip.
Hunting for the hidden food, they hide food for the wolves and bears to keep their wild instincts intact. All of these animals were abandoned as pups or cubs and raised by humans, or were wounded and cannot survive on their own.
Touching a bear hide, it is soft, and the claws are huge.

Inside a wolf den(pretend one)
Runnin free!!


These bears are huge, I was grateful for the fences.

A bear catcher, Haylie screaming, Emma wondering what she is doing that for.
A naturalist, talking about area birds, the kids really liked the birds and listened to her talk.

Playground at the center.

Posing with the carvings outside the center.



Alex is holding onto the fish--taking after the men on the trip.
A storm moving in.
I love the condos for the fact we can eat in, we had pizza and calzones, strawberry chicken and clam chower (thanks to Jenny), pancakes, waffles, yummm.
Outside view.

Playground at the condo.
Stairs in the lobby.
Kitchen area
Mine and Brian's room. Yeah, we had so much fun!!

1 comment:

Jody Neeley said...

The condo looks really nice. We will have to go sometime! Cute pictures, of course I may be biased but I think the one of Emma hugging the bear statue is the best. Too cute!