Monday, November 23, 2009

Preparing for Thanksgiving

It is crazy to me, I went shopping for Thanksgiving dinner today and the whole store was Christmas. The Christmas music was playing and everywhere I looked Christmas everything.
I love "thankful" part of Thanksgiving. I like the dinner too!!
When I bought the chest and the flowers, candles, etc. for this decoration, Mandy put it together for me. This year I had to do it myself, plus the one on the front door. I was surprised it turned out looking so nice.
I made table runners for fall for myself and one for each of the girls, they are all different. I really enjoyed making them.
I bought this cute Fisher Price Thanksgiving set, the grandkids have fun playing with it.


I am thankful for so many things. Mostly my family, Brian, my girls, their husbands and the grandkids. I am thankful for many things, like the smell outside just after the rain, the warm home I have to live it. Cuddley blankets to snuggle into at bedtime, cinnamon toast for breakfast, hot chocolate--orange flavored with marshmellows. A good book, a bright lamp and a soft chair to read in. Friends who love me and make me smile, good neighbors and extended family. The peace in my heart that calms me when I get stressed, and the knowledge that my Heavenly Father loves me and is aware of all that is going on in my life. And when I leave my troubles to Him and trust Him, all will be well.
I challenge you all to write a "Thankful list" and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your post!
sad but true, stores don't make money off thanksgiving so they just ignore it...
im gonna do a thankful post too....great idea!
love ya!

Jody Neeley said...

I am thankful for you and Dad, thanks for always being there for me. Your decorations look amazing!