
After an enjoyable breakfast at
IHOP, we headed to the beach again, our plane was scheduled to leave Long Beach at 0750 pm.

Lots of surfers waiting for a wave

The waves were not very big, but a few of them were able to catch a ride.

We hung out on the pier, it was so relaxing to watch the waves and the people, and the birds.

I have to say, again, I love my camera, getting great pictures of birds in flight.

I guess the pelican is used to people, he didn't even seem nervous. I think pelicans are one of my favorite birds, they remind me of
pterodactyls.
The colors, and the feathers are so very cool.

We walked around the Long Beach pier again, and enjoyed some shopping and lunch.




We asked this guy with a nice camera to take our picuture, he said he was new into photography and was out practicing. I told him I was practicing too, and had been taking pictures of pelicans this morning. "You're not from here, are you?" "No", I said, "why do you say that" ? "well", he replied, "no local would be taking pictures of pelicans"
I think they are missing out, pelicans make great pictures.

Even without the kids, I enjoyed a merry-go-round ride.

We found another beach to watch the ocean and the sunset at before we boarded our plane.

A cruise ship heading out to sea.

Brian decided he better touch the ocean, since we had not, he got surprised by this wave, his pant leg stayed wet until we got home.

Sunset, ocean and birds, what more could a photographer ask for.


Goodbye California--we'll be back someday.

Long Beach from the air, a little blurry, but you get the picture--what a wonderful place to visit, especially in January.
3 comments:
I loved your pelican pictures! I do think that locals are missing out if they don't take pics of them! And it's hilarious Dad had to travel home with a wet pant leg. Ha ha
Funny I thought the picture of the surfers were birds at first! Funny about Dad....such a Dad thing, not just any Dad but our Dad he keeps us laughing!
Sounds like Dad, I guess he doesn't just do the crazy stuff to entertain his kids and grandkids. I like your pictures of the pelicans, the locals are missing out!
Post a Comment