.JPG)
Brian and I had planned this hike for the week of our anniversary, but the weather did not cooperate, so we postponed it. The forecast was for thunder storms again, but we decided to take our chances.
.JPG)
This is Lily lake, the green on the water are lily pads.
.JPG)
This is the creek coming out of Wall Lake, note the bridge near the top of the picture.
.JPG)
Wall Lake, the break in the mountains is The Notch, we will hike to it.
.JPG)
Bri, figuring out where we are on the GPS.
.JPG)
I love the pretty blue sky, the clear lakes and the reflections in them.
.JPG)
Posing on the bridge seen in the earlier photo. We each took a camel pack, I really liked having my water so available, in a little tube just under my shoulder strap.
.JPG)
Oh, the wildflowers, they were so pretty. This was the first meadow we saw them in, so we took a lot of pictures, little did we know, it would only get better.
.JPG)
.JPG)
The trail was rocky, but easy to follow here, it was nice and shady.
.JPG)
It got a little steeper as we neared The Notch.
.JPG)
I love these tiny white flowers growing amid the rocks.
.JPG)
Looking out over the trail we just climbed.
.JPG)
Brian overlooking the trail we had just hiked up.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Hope Lake, lots of pretty flowers surrounded this little lake.
.JPG)
Elephant trunk flowers, they look like tiny elephant heads. The only place I've ever seen these flowers are in the high Uinta mountain meadows.
.JPG)
Hope lake with Mount Watson in the background, Clyde Lake is located at the base of Mount Watson. Brian heard you could catch some brooke trout in Clyde.
.JPG)
Me, surrounded by wildflowers, I love it!!
.JPG)
.JPG)
This meadow was even more beautiful than the first one.
.JPG)
I made Brian stoop to smell a flower, Indian Paint brush have no smell he says.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
View from The Notch.
.JPG)
We kept hiking and before we knew it, we were at The Notch, I though it would be a harder hike up to it.
.JPG)
.JPG)
The view is amazing, what a beautiful place, all the little lakes.
.JPG)
Enjoying the view.
.JPG)
.JPG)
We hiked down the Notch to the best meadow yet, it was totally filled with all kinds of flowers.
.JPG)
.JPG)
I was singing "I often go walking in meadows of flowers"
.JPG)
.JPG)
On the trail again. Heading to Twin Lakes.
.JPG)
Upper Twin Lake.
.JPG)
We tried a few casts, but not a fish to be caught.
.JPG)
The water is so clear, I love the mountains.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
I had never seen these little flowers.
.JPG)
Clyde Lake, Brian catching the first fish of the day.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Brooke trout.
.JPG)
Taking a break, it was perfect weather, not too hot or too cold.
.JPG)
.JPG)
The brookes are pretty little fish, so colorful.
.JPG)
This lake was surrounded by wildflowers too, a few clouds building in the distance.
.JPG)
Goodbye to Clyde Lake, I caught four fish, Brian caught two. We spent a couple of hours here just enjoying the day.
.JPG)
A little waterful on the outlet of Watson Lake.
.JPG)
Petit Lake.
.JPG)
Cliff Lake
.JPG)
Mount Watson in the background of Cliff Lake, the trail is harder to follow here, but we found the way.
.JPG)
Crystal Lake, the last one. What a great hike. We really had a lot of fun.
4 comments:
LOVE the pictures!!! that would be a fun place to be and spend time together I am glad that you guys had so much fun!!! The GPS can always be useful my husband loves our!
Your hike was so beautiful! I love the flowers, its amazing to see spring flowers blooming so late into the summer.
So beautiful! Reading your post and Dads made me want to start hiking again. Maybe next summer. I loved all of the wildflower pics.
how fun! i love all the flower photos!
Post a Comment