Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Soapstone camping trip

We camped at Soapstone this year, Brian and I went up on Thursday and set up camp
Enjoying the river


We found wild raspberries by the river, and picked us a few.
It is so nice to be up in the mountains.
Brian did a little fishing, pretty good luck too.
Friday, the kids started to arrive and right away, Papa took them to the river.
Savannah loved it, she would throw rocks, enjoying every minute.


I took some pics of the beautiful wild flowers.
Liam on his first camping trip (well day trip to the mountains)


Alex collecting fire wood.
Savannah intent on painting rocks.

Brett had a hard time waiting to build a fire.
So big!!
Lets all sit on grandma's lap!

A picture of all eight of our grandkids!! So cute!! Having them up here was the best part of the trip.
Cassidy's enjoying a snack
Enjoying the baby

Taking a walk, I love walking around the campground.
Our four girls!!
Creative night clothes. Avioding mosquitos.
Fixing a yummy breakfast. Pancakes, best in the mountains.
Mud pie--yummy too!!
Playing in the river.

Alex making peach cobbler.
Relaxing with dad
End result, he wasn't sure it was cake yet, but he ate it.
card games.
He saw Venus, I love that smile.

Looking at the stars.

Taking home some raspberries to make a shake.

After the kids left, Papa took a nap and I read a book, it sure seemed quite.

A pine beetle came to visit while I was sewing.

Mom and Dad Durtschi joined us for a hotdog roast. What a wonderful camping trip!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a fun camping trip~thanks for having us up there! i need to get these photos from you!

Jody Neeley said...

It was such a great day, so glad we could come up for a little bit. Fun seeing all the pictures!