Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Petra - the lower ruins

Down the canyon from the Treasury there are more ruins, we may have only seen a little over half of them.

Several of the pictures below are of an area called "Street of Facades".




Jaffa's shopping.






The gal in the two pictures below spotted me taking her picture, so she demanded that I buy one of her necklaces, we had already bought some so I told her I would give her a $1 for the picture I had taken and an additional $1 if she would pose for a picture.




The Theater.



The Urn Tomb.















Colorful sand stone ceiling in the Urn Tomb.



Shot of more ruins that we didn't get down to, beyond these and on top of the bluffs is an old monastary that would have been cool to see.


3 comments:

Dusty And Mandi said...

It is so pretty! I was going to ask if you had to pay ppl for taking their pics, guess so! Lol. And that bridge dad was on does not look safe!

Delahunty Family said...

Way cool, that would be really fun it see.

Anonymous said...

what a cool theater! thats crazy they charge to take a photo! lol.