This church is built on a hill where the Sermon on the Mount could have been preached.
We arrived early in the morning--we have a long day ahead of us. It is a little chilly, but promises to be a beautiful day.
Michael talked about the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus took the Mosiac Law and narrowed it. Broad is the gate is the Law of Moses, Don't Kill. Narrow is the gate is Jesus' way, Don't get Angry.
The Sprit was here as he talked about desiring to be good and do good.
Least you think peole are listening to their IPOD instead of paying attention. They are our headsets, so Michael doesn't have to shout for us to hear him.
We were facing the Sea of Galilee, it was misty this morning and soft colors. Perfect for thinking about Jesus and his teachings.
After our meeting Brian and I wandered around the church grounds taking pictures and enjoying the beauty.
As I gazed out to the Sea of Galilee, I was overcome with a feeling of love and joy. All around me people were speaking in different languages and were here because they wanted to be where Jesus had been.
I felt so overcome by the knowledge that Heavenly Father loves us all--no matter our religion or how we live it--no matter the color of our skin or the language we speak or the country we live in.
We are all His children and he will prepare the way for those that love Him and desire to serve him. Our good intentions and righteous desires do count, even when we are weak and keep faltering.
I'm so grateful Heavenly Father allowed me to feel His love in this way while I am here in the Holy Land.
The gardens are so immaculate, you can tell those who work on them do it with love.
What a wonderful morning we had here on the shores of Galilee!
No comments:
Post a Comment