When Anna was here, she wanted to take her 3 youngest on the North Pole Express. I took Savannah and Zoey. Here we are posing outside the train.
Zoey and Savannah and I sat on the back row, Anna, Hannah, Abby and Heidi sat in front of us.
Zoey watching outside the window as the farmland went by, "Are we really on our way to the North Pole Grandma?" Yes, we are, aren't we lucky!
Smiles and exictement, they were both so cute!!
Hot chocolate--it was really hot too! I spilled Savannah's trying to hold hers and Zoey's and mine and take pics at the same time.
We got to keep our mugs, that was fun.
As the train slowed, outside the window we saw Santa waving, with some elves and a big Christmas tree and a sign that said "NORTH POLE" We had arrived.
Santa came in right behind us, he said "Merry Christmas Zoey, and Savannah, have you been a good girl?" They were so excited he knew their names (they were wearing name tags)
While Santa visited all the kids and handed out reindeer bells to them all, the elves visited with other kids.
This cute elf named sweetheart spent a long time with Savannah and Zoey, Savannah asked if she painted the hearts on her cheeks, and she replied, "no I was born that way, elves are special, my cheeks are why I'm called Sweetheart. The girls loved talking to her. Zoey said, why are you so tall, elves are small. Small elves can't come visit the train, they might get stepped on,she said
The conductor, the girls were so happy they went to the North Pole and met Santa.
We sang Christmas carols, the favorite was Jingle Bells, ringing the bells too!
Leaving the train after a wonderful time.
It was so much fun to share this time with Savannah and Zoey, I will cherish it always!
Such cute cousins, they love each other!!
On Dec. 3nd I took Emily and Haylie to the Nutcracker, we had an amazing time there, Brian took Alex and Brett to see Arthur's Christmas on Dec 17th. We had a wonderful December spending time with our grandchildren.
2 comments:
So glad you did this post, I love seeing all the pictures of the North Pole adventure. Savannah had so much fun (she still talks about it) and I am glad she could spend some time with her favorite cousin Zoey.
Adorable, Zoey still talks about it all the time too, and she loved looking at the pictures on the blog with me. Thanks for taking her!
Post a Comment