Our first full day
This is the Caribe Hilton hotel in the daylight. We walked over to Subway for breakfast and bought a sandwich for later in the day.
On the pond behind the hotel.
This tower is in the El Yunque Rain forest in Puerto Rico.
It was exciting to go to a real Rain Forest, this is the smallest of the world's rain forests. More than 100 billion gallons of precipitation fall here annually.Climbing the tower. My hair is so curly with the humidity, it is warm probably about 80 degrees, and you can tell by the smile on our faces, we are lovin it!
It's a little windy on top.
It smells wonderful, and is so pretty here.
I don't know what kind of tree this is, but it is so beautiful!
San Juan in the background.
There are 240 tree species that grow in El Yunque.
It doesn't take long for the jungle to take over.
The beginning of our hike.
We thought the hike would go over this bridge, so we hurried to get a pic before everyone came over, but then everyone went the other way and we had to hurry to catch up!
Since Puerto Rico is a US territory, so the CCC built the trails here too.
Life is good.
I would love to be here at night, I bet the Coqui's really sing here.
Some kind of snail, it attaches on the flat side of its body to the leaf.
The trail got a little wet in places.
Hiking down the road to the waterfall and the bus.
I would love to come back and spend more time hiking through the rain forest.
Everywhere I turned was another perfect picture.
This is below the falls, on the other side of the road.
Of course, I loved all the flowers that were everywhere!
There are over 20 species of orchids in Puerto Rico.
I wish my impatiens would grow like this back home.
We almost missed the bus while taking pictures, it was driving off as we turned around, luckily we flagged it down. The people on the bus said, "oh sorry, we thought everyone was here"
Our cruise ship, Adventure of the Seas, Royal Caribbean.
The port of San Juan.
Our balcony room--we loved it, and spent quite a lot of time here.
Sailing out of the harbor!! We are on our way.
looking toward the front or aft of the ship.
RELAXING!!
2 comments:
Oh wow, it is so gorgeous there! And that's fun you had a balcony in your room!
its so pretty! good thing you got the bus to stop! lol!
Post a Comment