.JPG)
I just wanted to post some more pictures and write about some of our trips we've had the past summer. This summer was a full one for us, we had some great vacations and I've not gotten around to showing some of my favorite pics to anyone.
.JPG)
Brian and went to Key West after spending a week in Fort Lauderdale in May this year. On our last day in Key West we went to a butterfly Conservatory.
.JPG)
They told us if a butterfly lands on you, it is good luck. Just stay still and let them be.
.JPG)
They put a fake one on my shoulder to attact them, it must of worked. I was very lucky, one landed on my three times
.JPG)
.JPG)
When I was in second grade in Mrs. Hutchinson's class in Wendover, she brought some Monarch Butterfly larva to class, every day we drew a picture of what was going on in the cage they were in. I drew as they ate the leaves, as they grew larger, as they turned to cystalis. I can still vividly remember when the cystalis opened and a butterfly came out, drying her wings. She looked so fragile. Since that time I have loved butterflies.
.JPG)
If you look closely, you can see lots of butterflies flying around, I was truly in butterfly heaven!
In my garden at home, I plant the kinds of flowers in my backyard to attract butterflies. I have never attracted anything as exotic as these, I couldn't believe them all.
They had these beautiful orchids in the conservatory as well, they smelled so good!
.JPG)
Here is a picture of a butterfly just outside our condo in Ft. Lauderdale. Every morning I would sit out on the patio and eat breakfast and watch the butterflies. It was so relaxing!!
.JPG)
.JPG)
Brian enjoyed our morning with the butterflies as well, he got to just relax in the cool (it was hot outside)
3 comments:
those are so pretty! That is so cool that they landed on you! I love looking at your trip pics!
What beautiful buterflies! I liked your memory of seeing a butterfly immerge from the sac in your class, I don't remember hearing it before. I know you have always loved butterflies.
So fun! I love the keys! I didn't see that many butterflies though!
Post a Comment