Sunday, January 18, 2009

California---warm weather and Wicked

A couple of my friends, Roxanne and Christy and I got a chance to go to LA to see "Wicked" What a great thing to do in the middle of winter in Utah. Of course, the first thing we did when we landed at Long Beach, was head for the beach. The water was a little on the cool side, but no colder than water in the Uintahs in the summer!! The pier at Newport Beach.

The next day we drove to Beverly Hills and a little shopping on Rodeo Drive. Of course the only thing we could afford was lunch!!

I couldn't believe a whole store just for bags, of course those bags are $4,000-$10,000 each, humm, makes me feel pretty good to spend $30 for a new one.

There are no public restrooms in Beverly Hills, I guess rich people never need one. Roxanne was smart, we walked into this hotel, walked right past the employees acting like we were staying there and used the rest room in the lobby. Good thing to remember, hotels always have restrooms in the lobby, and what a gorgeous lobby it was.


We took a trolley tour of Beverly Hills, our tour guide was amazing, she sounded so "Hollywood", we saw houses of famous people, all the shops and heard stories, it was a fun day. This is Julie Andrew's house (not currently)We rushed back to the condo, got there at 3:30, changed our clothes and got on the bus by 3:55. The bus took us back to LA where we went out to dinner at "The Green Door" in LA and to then to "Wicked" at the Pantages Theatre in LA.The theater was amazing, it was so exciting to be there. Of course, no pictures inside the Theater itself. But I loved "Wicked". If you ever get a chance to go---do it!!!
Our last day, back to the beach. We went whale watching. We did see one grey whale, we followed him watching him spout and saw his head and back covered with barnacles. After watching Brian try to get pics of whales and dolphins, I didn't even try. I just enjoyed the moment. I always feel so peaceful on a boat, on the ocean. I can't get enough of it.

Ahhh, sunset over the ocean, it doesn't get any better than that!!!

All too soon the trip was over, as we waited to board the plane, standing outside in line for security, we tried to soak up the 82 degree sunshine to bring home, but of course when we arrived it was cold as ever, but the memory of sun still shines brightly in my mind!!

4 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

Sounds like fun!!! I'm glad you got the chance to go!

Jody Neeley said...

Looks like it was a ton of fun! I love the picture of the purses on their individual shelf ~ I can't even fathom spending that much on a purse!!!

Queen Reg said...

I love the water. We should just pick up and move.

Dusty And Mandi said...

I'm jealous! I love the ocean too, and can't wait for another trip back to it.