Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

I love sugar cookies, every holiday when the girls were growing up we made sugar cookies. This year, due to the fact I spend a lot of my waking time at the hospital, I had Jody order sugar cookies from Dicks. But we did the decorating. Passing my addiction down to the next generation of kids to give me an excuse to still have sugar cookes.
Brian gave me some beautiful flowers, I love flowers and the smell of them in my house. Oh I wish I always had fresh flowers every day. But I will enjoy them while they're here. I gave Brian some hand picked DARK chocolates from Mrs Cavenahs ( don't know how it is spelled). Of course he enjoyed every one, his favs were the peanut butter chocolate (no surprise) and the lemon one. They lasted 3 days this year!!
At 1030 the grandkids started to arrive for the cookie decorating party.

Brett loves to help, he was excited to make the frosting (he and Emma were going to the UTE game when were finished, so the decorated faces were for the true fans--Mike did it himself.


Brian got these awesome sprinkles at Dicks Bakery--yummy

Emma took it pretty seriously this year, her and Haylie really spent time making their cookies pretty.
It is so fun the kids are old enough to do things like this together. We got a little messy--the best part was eating the COOKIES!!!


We danced around the living room, played Chinese Checkers--for about 10 whole minutes and then--grandma has a surprise, close your eyes.

Heart socks for the girls, no such cute thing for the boys, Alex got dinosaur socks and Brett got Spiderman underware, he was so excited he had to put them on right then--Papa got him into the bathroom before we got a show.
Emma and Haylie couldn't decide which of the 3 pair to put on, so they put all 3 on, one over the other.
It was so fun to have the kids over and so noisy, when they left Brian said "Wow, listen to that quiet"
We missed Zoey, but grandma mailed her a package earlier in the week.
Love to all my friends and family this Valentine season, I didn't get the cards mailed--but that doesn't mean I didn't think of you all.

4 comments:

Jody Neeley said...

The kids had such a fun time! Thank you for having them over. They love their presents too, Brett is super impressed with Spiderman underware!

The Tripletts said...

What fun. I am looking forward to doing the same thing with my grandchildren one day. In a few years... What wonderful memories.

Jessica said...

That looks like so much fun! :) I love sugar cookies so much... the peanut butter chocolates are one of my favorites but since Brandon's allergic I'm going for the coconut these days.

Anonymous said...

thanks for having the kids over, they had so much fun! And those were way cute socks! :)
PS my fav chocolate is the lemon ones too, dad! :)