Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Organizing and cleaning

It is funny that this time of year I get the urge to clean out cupboards, organize closets and clean. I don't know what it is, maybe the new year and me telling myself to get my surroundings in order.

While we enjoyed having first Mandy and Zoey live with us and then Jenny, Sam, Haylie and Alex, I must confess that Brian and I are enjoying the quiet and the order that comes from only having adults in the house.

Today I got my carpets, rugs and couches cleaned for an obscene amount of money. But tonight as I walk around and look at the spotless rug and couches, I think it was all worth it. My hall cupboard is full of new plastic drawers, I could find any pen, pencil, glue stick, scissor or a myriad of other things in one minute. I hope it lasts. I no longer have a junk drawer in the kitchen. And I must confess, I have yet to remember where I put all those kitchen things---but I will learn.

I am back to quilting and hope to finish Brett's quilt this year. I got the girl's valentine table runners done and just need to mail Mandy's to her. I really enjoy the piecing and sewing, it is relaxing to me and fun to see what I can create.

2 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

What a nice feeling, it is great to be organized but sometimes hard, I find it starts to get to me though and out of no where I just started cleaning and organizing things until I feel better about it! I think this time of the year is better to do it then spring cleaning, who wants to be inside with good weather!? Winter is the time to do it while you are inside most the time anyway!

Jessica said...

I love being organized. It always seems to relieve so much stress I didn't even realize I was carrying around. :) Hooray for early Spring cleaning!