Sunday, March 15, 2009
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!
Wow, I can't believe how old I am, for those of you who don't know, I'm not telling. But suffice it to say, I never really thought about being this age. I will admit I don't feel old, I still really enjoy doing a lot of things and I plan to keep busy enjoying my life. I think I've probably gained a little wisdom over the years and learned that the most important way to handle life is to have a good attitude. As a dear friend of mine once told me "It's not what happens to you in this life that matters, it's how you deal with it" I think that is totally true.
Stef got tickets to the Draper Temple Open House on my birthday, but first we stopped at Olive Garden to have dinner. After dinner we saw this beautiful sunset. I told Haylie and Emma that Heavenly Father gave this sunset to me for my birthday present. "Did he really give you a present Grandma?" Haylie said. Sure, I told her, don't you think it is beautiful? Emma piped up, "Grandma, he gave it to everyone whose birthday is today" Yes he did, I told her, aren't we lucky to see it!
Emma and Haylie enjoying some of Stef's frozen rasperberry lemonade.
Sam and Jenny, even though Jenny's eyes are closed, I think this is a cute picture of them.
Jody and Mike
Stef and Aaron
Alex's cute smile with a little Alfredo sauce on the lips
Brian, me and the girls
Sitting on top the magic stairs in the culteral hall of the church waiting to catch the shuttle to the temple, we waited about 1 1/2 hours. But it gave us time to visit, the girls were so good and so excited to get to go inside a temple. Sam took Alex home to bed, Brett and Savannah stayed home with a baby sitter. Probably wise on both decisions.
Getting on the bus to ride to the temple. It was so beautiful when the temple came into site, I was glad we came at night. Both Emma and Haylie kept saying, "there it is, it's so beautiful!!"
It truly was beautiful and what an experience to share with my family. The girls were so reverent and asked questions about everything. I loved it when they looked into the mirrors and could see their reflection repeating over and over again. We do go on forever, and together forever is my greatest desire with my family.
Thanks Stef for planning such a wonderful birthday celebration for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! It was such a great day, I loved being able to take Emma through the temple. She was so excited! That is cute what Em and Haylie said about the sunset.
Post a Comment